Thursday, August 11 – All students who are NEW to LHSN should report for orientation by 7:45, with their iPad and wearing their school uniform (from Fischer’s). After receiving schedule and locker info, they will go on a scavenger hunt, meet their Peer Ministers, go to all of their classes (for 12 minutes each), and learn about all kinds of extra-curricular activities. After lunch and an ice cream social, students will hear information that will help make them successful at LHSN. Students can bring lunch from home, purchase food with cash, or purchase a meal card (see Reminders below). Orientation day ends at 1:30.
Friday, August 12 – The 2016-2017 academic year begins! ALL students should come in uniform, check the lists in the main hallway for their small group assignment, and report to that room by 7:55 (when the first bell rings). They will receive their complete schedule, attend the opening worship service with installation of new teachers, and then go to all eight classes. The school day ends at the normal time of 3:00.
onCampus Login Instructions
We have a Learning Management System called onCampus that allows us to communicate efficiently with our students and families. Parents and students are able to view their classes, including assignments; see grades and attendance; get sports game and practice schedules; and access many other items. Students use onCampus daily. We encourage parents to visit the onCampus website daily, as well, to stay up to date on what is happening with your student and at school.
Returning parents should use the same login for onCampus as last year. (If you do not remember it, please follow the instructions below.) There is a link to onCampus on the school website – Click on MY LHSN at the top of the home page.
To log into onCampus for the first time:
• Go to https://lhsastl.myschoolapp.
• Type in the email address you provided the school. (If you do not know which email address to use, please call the school office.)
• Check “Username” and “Password”
• Click “Send”
• Go to your email account. You will receive 2 emails: one with your username, and one with a link to create your password.
After you have completed creating a password, you will be able to use your username and password to log into onCampus.
If you have trouble logging in, please email Kathy Steinbrueck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition Payment Info
Parents – please note that effective August 10, we will no longer accept tuition payments in the school office or association office. All payments MUST be paid through SMART tuition. SMART gives you the option to pay by credit card, direct debit from your checking/savings account, mail a payment, or pay cash at local convenience stores. If you haven’t already signed up for SMART tuition, please go to www.enrollwithsmart.com to sign up.
iPad Training Session
Students new to LHSN who still do not have their iPad should attend one of the final iPad training sessions on Tuesday, August 9, 3:00 or 6:30 p.m. Be sure to bring along a quality case for the iPad Air 2 and create an Apple ID before the meeting. Note that the student and one parent are required to attend.
• All new students must have a Physical Exam form and Shot Record (dated after 2/1/16) on file before the first day of school. (All sports participants must have health forms in before they can tryout or practice.) Every student must submit the Annual School Health Information form. All the health forms are available as downloads from the Parent Resource section of the website.
• Summer reading must be completed by Friday, August 12.
• Meal cards are available from the cafeteria manager with a $50 initial deposit (increments of $25 thereafter), payable by cash, check, or money order. Make payable to “Food Service Consultants.” New students can purchase meal cards on Orientation Day.
• The Bookstore will be open after school until 3:30 from Aug. 12-17, and before school on Aug. 16. From then on, it will be open on Thursday mornings, 7:20-7:50, for the rest of the school year.
• Cell phones may not be used and should not be visible in the building between 7:50 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Crusader Mothers’ Club
The first Mothers’ Club meeting of the new school year will be held on Saturday, August 20, at 9 am in room 102. A light pastry breakfast will be provided. Please bring your favorite morning beverage to enjoy. The fun Mothers’ Club meetings are open to all LN female supporters, including current/past LN moms, grandmothers, aunts, and alumnae. The one hour meetings are held every third Saturday of the month, August-October and January-May. Member dues are $5.00 for the year. Please feel free to attend your 1st meeting anytime during the school year.
The Mothers’ Club organizes and participates in events, service projects, and fundraisers to support LN. Our meetings are a wonderful way to meet other Crusader moms and show your LN student how important their school is to you. Hope to see you on the 20th, and welcome to the Crusader family!
Fall sports practices are underway, but it’s not too late to join a sport. Anyone interested in football, boys’ soccer, cross country, girls’ volleyball, girls’ tennis, softball, or cheerleading should contact the coach ASAP. Check with Mr. Mueller or the office for coaches’ names. Remember, all athletes must have current physicals on file in the school office in order to practice.
- iPad Orientation, Aug. 9, 3:00 or 6:30 pm
- New Student Orientation, Aug. 11, 8:00-1:30
- First Day of School, Aug. 12 (Health forms MUST be in)
- Sports Meeting for Parents & Athletes, Aug. 17, 6 pm
- Crusader Mothers’ Club, Aug. 20, 9 am
- Back-to-School Session for Parents, Aug. 21, 2 pm
- School Picture Day, Aug. 22
- Mammography Van at LHSN, Sept. 30, 8:30-2:00 (Call 314-747-7222 for appt.)
For the most updated calendar of events and activities at Lutheran North, see our website calendar.