We Are One in Christ
A special breakfast was held on March 30 at the DoubleTree Hotel-Westport to celebrate our two Lutheran High Schools and support our joint mission.
The program included various speakers who made positive comments regarding the quality education and the Christian environment that enrich all our students. Two LHSN seniors participated.
Eric Webster delivered the opening prayer and Alana Chandler gave a very uplifting, personal testimony. Alana invoked a rousing round of applause when she spoke about her acceptance to West Point Military Academy.
While guests enjoyed the catered breakfast, they were entertained by student musicians. Pictured is the combined Lutheran North and Lutheran South choir. A video of their performance is posted on facebook here!
Quarter Auction – TONIGHT!
All LHSN supporters (over 21 years old) are invited to the Golden Paddle Quarter Auction tonight – Friday, March 31, in the Crusader Cafe at 7 pm (doors open at 6:30 pm). Admission is $10 which gives you an auction bid number, drinks and dessert for the night! Golden paddles will be available for $30. Please bring an abundance of quarters and an appetizer to share.
How the Golden Paddle Quarter Auction works:
• You will be given a paddle with a number on it.
• The emcee will display an auction item and tell the crowd how many quarters to place in the bucket in the center of each table to be eligible to win that item.
• A bid number will be drawn and called out. Whoever has that number AND placed their quarter(s) in the bucket, WINS! If the holder of the number called did NOT place quarters in the bucket, another bid number will be drawn for that item.
• To make sure you don’t miss out on winning any of the auction items, Golden Paddles (with numbers on them) will be available for $30. Purchasing a Golden Paddle makes you eligible to win EVERY item auctioned, without putting quarters in the box.
The next Mothers’ Club meeting is Saturday, April 8, 9-10 am. Special guest speaker and LN Mom, Efevwia Isaac, will speak about the importance of breast cancer awareness. Bring your morning beverage and enjoy a snack with us. All ladies are welcome!
Coming Next Week!
Join Lutheran High School North for an entertaining journey INTO THE WOODS. Performances will be on Thursday, April 6, Friday, April 7, and Saturday, April 8 at 7:00 pm in the LHSN gymnasium.
Tickets are $8 for reserved priority seating, $5 for general admission adults and $3 for students age 6 through 18. Children 5 and under are free. Tickets are available from the Lutheran North main office or at the door.
Cast members include Ted Laesch (Narrator), Rebecca Bazan (Cinderella), Jack Krone (Jack), Hannah Russo (Jack’s Mother), Grayson Knight (Baker), Paige Liszewski (Wife), Gabbi Gilmore (Stepmother), Johnny Hipenbecker (Father), Imani Anderson (Stepsister), Natashia Davis (Stepsister), Lily Kate Burreson (Little Red Riding Hood), Dallis Johnson (Witch), Allison Johnston (Mother), Rebecca Roth (Grandmother), Zach Roeglin (Mysterious Man), Shannon Ambler (Rapunzel), Alexander Paul (Wolf), Eric Webster (Prince), Jake Thompson (Prince), Cory Keathley (Steward), Kaja Horton (Giant), Ainsley Geiger (Snow White), Kate Zorich (Sleeping Beauty), Chloe Liu (Cow), Morgan McKenney (Cow), Erika Kreppert (Bird), Greg Carr (Bird).
You’re Somebody’s Type!
The National Honor Society will host the spring Blood Drive on Monday, April 10, 9:00-2:00. Students and faculty can sign up during lunch periods. Parent-signed permission forms are required for 16-year-olds.
Walk-ins are welcome! Family members and friends are encouraged to come support the event and help save lives.
Mr. LHSN 2017
Who will it be?! Men of the Class of 2017 will demonstrate amazing talent, walk the red carpet in dashing attire, and display their wit in hopes of earning the title of “Mr. LHSN.” The pageant, the judging, and the fun will be in the LHSN gym on Wednesday, April 12, at 7:00 pm.
The public is invited and all proceeds benefit the Missouri Special Olympics. Admission is only $3.
Come cheer for your favorite Crusader and support a great cause!
Faith in Action Day
Thursday, April 13 will be our second semester Faith in Action Day for all Crusaders. The entire school will once again venture into the community to serve God by serving their fellowman. Attendance is required as it is counted as a regular school day. Students should be sure to dress appropriately for the weather and whatever tasks they’ll be doing.
Dismissal will be at 12:00. No cafeteria lunch will be served, but pizza slices and Gatorade will be available for purchase at $1.50 each. Please arrange for your student to leave school after Faith in Action. Check with coaches regarding afternoon practices and games.
Faith in Action Day – April 13 – 12:00 Dismissal
Good Friday – April 14 – NO SCHOOL
Easter Monday – April 17 – NO SCHOOL
ACT Testing Day – April 19 – 11:45 Dismissal (No School for Seniors)
Senior Skip Day – April 24 – No School for Seniors
Got Baseball Fever?
Be sure to get tickets for Lutheran High Day at Busch Stadium – Sunday, April 30!
The St. Louis Cardinals will play the Cincinnati Reds at 1:15 pm followed by the annual game between the Lutheran North Crusaders and the Lutheran South Lancers.
Join us for the 30th Annual LHSA Golf Scramble on Monday, April 24 – a day of golf, fellowship and fun in support of Lutheran High School North and Lutheran High School South!
Each year, we honor someone who has made significant contributions to the Lutheran community. Our 2017 honoree is Paul Crisler, retired teacher and principal at LHSN and former interim principal at LHSS.
REGISTER NOW or SPONSOR THE EVENT. Click here.
5K to Benefit CFNA
Christian Friends of New Americans (CFNA)’s Third Annual 5K Run/Fun Walk Benefit is Saturday, May 6. Register 9:00 am, start 10:00 am, on Concordia Seminary campus, 801 DeMun Ave., Clayton, MO, 63105.
Join the fun! Run, walk and/or sponsor the event. Participate in befriending, mentoring and sharing Christ’s love with New Americans. Register and/or order a tee shirt online at cfna-stl.org/walk, print a form here, or call (314) 517-8513 for details. Lutheran North is proud to be a sponsor of this event!
Upcoming Events & Reminders
- Mar. 31 – Golden Paddle Quarter Auction, 7 pm (see above)
- Apr. 6, 7, 8 – Into the Woods, 7 pm (see above)
- Apr. 8 – Mothers’ Club Meeting, 9 am
- Apr. 10 – Blood Drive, 9:00-2:00 (see above)
- Apr. 12 – Mr. LHSN Pageant, 7:00 pm (see above)
- Apr. 13 – Faith in Action Day, 12:00 Dismissal (see above)
- Apr. 14 & 17 – Easter Break, No School
- Apr. 18 – Project Graduation Meeting, 6:00 pm
- Apr. 19 – ACT Testing Day (See attached)
- Apr. 22 – Prom @ DoubleTree Westport
- Apr. 22 – “A Night for Kids” LESA Dinner Auction (www.LESAstl.org)
- Apr. 24 – Junior Retreat and Senior Skip Day
- Apr. 24 – LHSA Golf Scramble (see above)
- Apr. 27 – Delegates’ Meeting @ Lutheran South, 7:00 pm
- Apr. 30 – Lutheran High Day @ Busch Stadium (see above)
For the most updated calendar of events and activities at Lutheran North, see our website calendar.